The Shanly Group is a privately owned residential and commercial property developer and investor. Shanly Homes, the award winning housebuilder develops homes in locations across the South East whilst Sorbon Estates acquires, invests, develops, leases and retains commercial property within the South East.
We have a team of around 200 spread over two locations and all aspects of the business are closely managed using mainly in-house resources. The size of our business and entrepreneurial spirit encourages increased responsibility and we like to think that anyone who works with us can make a difference.
We know our employees are key to our success, which is why we ask every single one of our staff to share in our ethos.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Group's financial controls and procedures are maintained and providing proposals for improvement or change.
- Co-ordinating reporting from the Group's divisions and ensuring the Board are provided with timely and accurate reports.
- Assisting developing and implementing strategy for the Group going forward.
- Managing relationships with the Groups auditors, insurers, bankers and other advisors.
- Acting as company Secretary for all group companies and ensuring all statutory requirements are maintained.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will progress to fill the role of Group Finance Director within the medium term.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, currently working in a senior finance position.
You will be a confident and effective communicator at board level and must be able to demonstrate where you have worked successfully with non-financial teams and other stakeholders in the business including providers of external finance and professional advisors.
It is likely that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record within a housebuilding or property investment environment.
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Car allowance
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Pension scheme
- Medical cover
- Life assurance
- Additional annual leave with length of service
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, or email this application to a friend.