Shanly Homes is a privately-owned, award-winning regional house builder that aims to develop stunning homes in desirable locations across London and the South East.
Since we built our first home in 1969, we've gone from strength to strength, with a team now comprising of 200 hand-picked professionals, who are as committed to developing homes of exquisite quality and design, as we are.
We know our employees are key to our success, which is why we ask every single of our staff to share in our ethos; we don't live for the future, we help shape it.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Estimator, you'll be responsible for preparing and controlling budget / cost reconciliations on residential and commercial building work, with your key responsibilities being:
- Prepare financial feasibility budgets for potential site purchase
- Assist the Land Acquisition Department with cost information at site appraisal stage
- Preparation of development budgets for use in cost / value monitoring by the construction team
- Budget shall be prepared using company drawings, specification and other information available at the time
- Technical / design input at pre-contact stage to ensure economic design and construction methods are used on developments
- Provide cost advice to Sales team
- Prepare cost / value reconciliation / cost forecasting on individual contracts of actual costs to completion
- Budget / cost reconciliation / cost forecasting to be prepared and issued within agreed budget values
Skill and experience
- Experience within the house building sector would be advantageous
- Take off materials from drawings
- Financial acumen
- Confidence to work unsupervised
- A team player
- Great people and communication skills
- Keep up to date with industry / building regulations/ methods of construction.
- Passion for quality homebuilding
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Free life assurance
- Annual and long term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, or email this application to a friend.