Over the course of July, Shanly Rangers took to a variety of Chiltern woodlands to assist the Children Rangers who work with communities to provide practical habitat management across 13 nature reserves.
Despite seriously warm conditions, people across the company got stuck in to the tasks at hand. Everyone's efforts contributed to:
- Clearing a large area of Himalayan Balsam
- Widening and improving over 300m of paths
- Making of 24 bird boxes
- Clearing lots of litter
- Making and installing two benches
- Cutting and raking a further 600m of path
- Expanding of a glade for wildflowers and butterflies
Everyone had a fantastic time.
If you'd like to find out more about the Chiltern Rangers, please visit their website: www.chilternrangers.co.uk