What you'll be doing
As Contracts Manager you will report to our Construction Director covering:
- Coordinate and manage multiple developments from pre-commencement to build completion / occupation.
- Have a strategic overview of each development as well as direct influence over production and delivery of the site
- Provide leadership and support to the site management teams to ensure they deliver construction, quality and safety targets.
- Coordinate with subcontractors when needed to maintain the build programme key dates.
- Prioritise health and safety practices on our sites, take actions for improvement.
- Continually monitor the quality of the build and assist in the continuous improvement of our homes.
- Collaborate with the other regional teams to ensure problems are addressed and rectified.
- Proven experience working for a residential house builder in a similar level role
- Experience in delivering multiple projects
- Demonstrable understanding and application of health and safety best practice and legislation
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting construction drawings
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- SMSTS qualified
What we offer in return
- Friendly, supportive team with a welcoming culture
- A privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Discretionary annual and long-term bonus schemes. (Up to 15% of annual salary)
- Enhanced pension scheme paid via salary exchange
- BUPA cover
- Annual leave starting at 25 days to a max of 30 days
- Free life assurance
- Many wellbeing benefits - on-demand GP service, discounted gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme and a cycle to work scheme
- Discount scheme with savings across a range of sectors
- Plus many social events throughout the year.