What you'll be doing
Working as part of our Commercial team, you'll be responsible for preparing and controlling budget/cost reconciliations on residential and commercial building work, including:
- Prepare financial feasibility budgets for potential site purchase
- Assist the land acquisition teams with cost information at site appraisal stage
- Prepare development budgets for use in cost/value monitoring by the construction team
- Input on technical/design matters at the pre-contract stage to ensure economic design and construction methods are followed
- Provide cost advice to the sales team
- Prepare cost/value reconciliation and forecasting on individual contracts of actual costs to completion
- Prepare and issue budget/cost reconciliation/cost forecasting within agreed budget values.
Skills and experience
- Proven estimator experience ideally within the house building sector
- Competent at taking off materials from drawings
- Skilled at preparing budgets and supporting teams with cost advice on a range of estimating matters
- Good level of financial acumen
- Strong communication skills and a key team member.
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Car allowance
- Additional annual leave with length of service up to 30 das
- Free Life assurance
- Health care
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.