Work as part of a fast paced, entrepreneurial team where decisions and deals can be made quickly and competitively.
Shanly Homes - the privately-owned, award-winning regional housebuilder - is looking for a Land Assistant to join their Leatherhead regional team to source and acquire land and development opportunities across Surrey, Sussex and Kent.
About the role
As Land Assistant you will report straight to the Land Director assisting with:
- Selecting locations to undertake searches taking into consideration market values, green belt, local plans, etc
- Identifying potential sites with an assessment of the technical and planning constraints
- Gaining a good understanding of local plans and potential planning permissions and scope to improve existing planning consents
- Making initial contact with landowners or their agents
- Collating information and preparing land exchange packs
- Building effective working relationships with local authorities, agents, landowners and other developers to keep up to date on current and future market opportunities.
- Ideally qualified with a property / real estate related degree
- Good understanding or eagerness to learn how to source and buy residential land sites
- Knowledge of current planning and government legislation
- Strong analytical skills
- Adept, confident and clear communicator
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Deal driven
- Good local knowledge of the area.
What we offer in return
- A great opportunity to grow and develop in a small, supportive team
- Located in central Leatherhead town, close to many cafés, shops including Sainsburys and Waitrose
- Easy to commute to with great road connections being just off the M25 and within a 15 minute walk to Leatherhead train station
- A privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme paid via salary exchange
- Annual leave starting at 25 days to a max of 30 days
- Free life assurance
- Many wellbeing benefits - on-demand GP service, discounted gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme and a cycle to work scheme
- Discount scheme with savings across a range of sectors
- Plus great social events throughout the year.