The Shanly Group of companies comprises of Shanly Homes, Sorbon Estates and the Shanly Foundation with the development of our first home in 1969. Privately owned and operated we have a total of circa 160 employees, including support functions providing business services to all of the companies.
At Sorbon Estates we acquire, invest, develop, lease and retain commercial property within a south-east holding across several asset classes. We have a multimillion pound portfolio of assets - nearly 1,300 businesses and families live or work in our properties - and we are expanding further within our region.
We have a small head office of around 30 people and we closely manage, using mainly in-house resources, most aspects of the business. The size of our business and entrepreneurial spirit encourages increased responsibility and we like to think that anyone who works with us can make a difference.
What you'll be doing
You will actively manage all of the Sorbon Estates marketing activity as well as the Shanly Group of companies internal communications, including:
- prepare and organise a full range of online, digital and print collateral, ensuring that properties within the portfolio are expertly marketed
- oversee PR activity with the appointed agency with regular monthly meetings
- liaise with external design agencies where required to brief work
- undertake market research and secret shoppers on vacant properties
- proactively manage and monitor all media channels
- ensure that the tenant journey is customer centric and a consistent approach is adopted with use of standardised letters, information, etc
- confident in using Adobe InDesign and Photoshopping to create property particulars and brochures.
- prepare and pull together the information for a range of internal communications, including monthly newsletters, quarterly corporate updates and ad hoc requests
- organise all aspect of employee presentations, including arranging the venue, managing invites/communications, information to present and collation of feedback following the event
- monitor and review social media, looking for opportunities to meaningfully engage with followers and build the company's brand
- crisis management.
Skills and experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of and interest in digital marketing
- Knowledge of commercial property industry desirable
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and able to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Helpful, positive and flexible personality
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Free Life assurance
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV, or email this application to a friend.