Shanly Homes is a privately-owned, award-winning regional house builder that aims to develop stunning homes in desirable locations across London and the South East.
Since we built our first home in 1969, we've gone from strength to strength, with a team now comprising of 200 hand-picked professionals, who are as committed to developing homes of exquisite quality and design, as we are.
We know our employees are key to our success, which is why we ask every single of our staff to share in our ethos; we don't live for the future, we help shape it.
What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing the costs of multiple residential property developments to enhance the revenue through careful negotiation and value engineering ideas.
Providing key input into budgets and checking drawings to ensure practical and economical proposals, you'll also prepare and submit sub-contract enquiries in adequate time to ensure contracts are placed in line with the building programme. Other deliverables of the role include:
- Producing detailed trade-specific scope of works and qualification notes
- Presenting and submitting completed sub-contractor order documentation
- Responsible for an element of cost reporting
- Ensuring our sub-contractors have current UTR status and the insurances and other requirements to assess tax liability.
Skill and experience
- Previous residential experience advantageous
- Working within a team
- Strong numeracy and accuracy skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good IT skills - Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Good organisational skills
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Free life assurance
- Annual and long term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, or email this application to a friend.