Shanly Homes is a privately-owned, award-winning regional house builder that aims to develop stunning homes in desirable locations across London and the South East.
Since we built our first home in 1969, we've gone from strength to strength, with a team now comprising of 200 hand-picked professionals, who are as committed to developing homes of exquisite quality and design, as we are.
We know our employees are key to our success, which is why we ask every single one of our staff to share in our ethos; we don't just live for the future, we help shape it.
What you'll be doing
As Residential Financial Controller, based in our Beaconsfield office, you will provide strong leadership for the finance team and efficiently run the finance operations of the residential development arm of the business.
- Interacting and building good relationships with senior management from operational teams including land acquisition, construction and sales.
- Producing monthly reports, financial analysis and reconciliations to aide the business to make sound financial and commercial decisions.
- Develop, prepare and maintain forecasts for overheads
- Periodic review of financial appraisals of current and future site.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Produce annual financial accounts including preparation of audit files, liaising with auditors on the annual audit and prepare statutory accounts.
- Assist with any other financial aspects or ad hoc projects
Skills and experience
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- 4 years post qualification experience or equivalent
- Industry experience essential
- Good knowledge of property taxes including SDLT and VAT
- IT literate with excellent Excel skills
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and ambitious
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Good communication skills
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service up to 30 days
- Free life assurance
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.