The Shanly Group of companies comprises of Shanly Homes, Sorbon Estates and the Shanly Foundation with the development of our first home in 1969. Privately owned and operated we have a total of circa 160 employees, including support functions providing business services to all of the companies.
We have a head office of around 60 people and we closely manage, using mainly in-house resources, most aspects of the business. The size of our business and entrepreneurial spirit encourages increased responsibility and we like to think that anyone who works with us can make a difference.
What you'll be doing
With proven secretarial experience you will use this to provide proactive and organised support to our busy Legal Director who is also our Company Secretary. Flexible in your approach and able to look at ways in which you can assist the Legal Director further, the main purpose of the role will be to:
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date files, both hard copy and electronic. Make sure all documents are easily accessible and respond to requests for information.
- Support in preparing correspondence on varying legal matters, taking an interest in cases to develop your understanding.
- Schedule in meetings, preparing agendas, typing and distributing minutes and co-ordinating responses for any subsequent meetings.
- Co-ordinate gaining signatories for documents, ensuring that required individuals are available to meet deadlines for the return of signed documents.
You will also provide support to our Chairman on more personal tasks, such as booking appointments, responding to correspondence and general admin as and when it arises.
This role will ideally suit someone who has previous experience or a desire to learn about property law and/or the residential/commercial property world. It will be a great opportunity to build or develop this experience.
- Highly flexible in approach and to unexpected issues as they arise
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and a 'can-do' approach
- Highly confidential and professional nature, with the ability to communicate in a confident and professional manner with people at all levels within the business
- Good sense of humour with a great work ethic - must be down to earth
- Excellent organisational skills - the ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritise work in a calm and efficient manner
- Proactive and highly effective at planning and multi-tasking
- Practical and cost conscious
- Excellent attention to detail
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees and reflect this in the employment package that we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service up to 30 days
- Free Life assurance
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.