What you will be doing
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Buyer to join our Southern region based in our Leatherhead office.
Reporting to our Head of Commercial you will ensure that material orders are placed for our high end, bespoke residential developments, specifically:
- prepare material enquiries and send out for pricing in accordance with procurement schedules to meet the build programme
- comparison of tenders to ensure quotes received are fully inclusive, to the desired quality, timeframe and the Company's standard terms and conditions are agreed
- take off materials and prepare schedules for ordering purposes
- value engineering of drawings to ensure the proposals / details are practical and economical
- prepare bi-monthly cost reports for the surveying team detailing all cost moves within the period and projected cost to complete
- approve supplier invoices for payment and resolve any queries.
Skills and experience
- proven experience in a similar role with a residential developer
- current knowledge of building products, techniques, material availability and pricing
- adept problem solver
- personable and able to build strong working relationships
- attention to detail
- clear and concise communicator.
What we can offer you
- competitive salary
- annual and long term bonus schemes
- additional annual leave with length of service
- enhanced pension scheme
- free life assurance.
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially-strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.