Work as part of a fast paced, entrepreneurial team where decisions and deals can be made quickly and competitively.
Shanly Homes - the privately-owned, award-winning regional housebuilder - is looking for a Senior Land Manager to join their Thames Valley regional team to source and acquire land and development opportunities across Bucks, Berks, and North London.
About the role
Reporting straight to the Regional Managing Director you will:
- Conduct land appraisals in line with our robust system to determine the valuation of potential development land
- Establish and build effective working relationships with local authorities, agents, landowners and other developers to keep up to date on current and future market opportunities
- Successfully negotiate and manage offers for land in line with regional budgets
- Prepare site profitability statements, putting together development programmes, sales market research and acquisition build budgets
- Ensure the successful delivery of planning applications and decisions by liaising with the planning team and external consultants
- Work collaboratively with the wider teams to enable a smooth transition once a site has been secured.
Skills and experience
- Strong experience in sourcing and managing own land acquisition leads and negotiations within the residential property sector
- Demonstratable knowledge and application of current planning and government legislation
- Adept, confident and clear communicator
- Proven negotiation skills
- Deal driven
- Good local knowledge of the area.