What you will be doing
Based in our Beaconsfield office, as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing the costs of multiple residential property developments to enhance the revenue through careful negotiation and value engineering ideas.
Providing key input into budgets and checking drawings to ensure practical and economical proposals, you'll also prepare and submit sub-contract enquiries in adequate time to ensure contracts are placed in line with the building programme. Other deliverables of the role include:
- Producing detailed trade-specific scope of works and qualification notes
- Presenting and submitting completed sub-contractor order documentation
- Responsible for an element of cost reporting
- Ensuring our sub-contractors have current UTR status and the insurances and other requirements to assess tax liability.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in a similar role within a residential house builder.
- Confident in undertaking the range of areas in surveying, from the procurement through to completion of final accounts.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong numeracy and accuracy levels.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines, with the desire to succeed.