What you will be doing
Based in our Beaconsfield office, as a Technical Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all technical information is produced, checked and distributed to programme, the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programmes to be met.
- co-ordinating and reviewing drawings to ensure proposals/details are practical and commercially appropriate, with a view to continued value engineering of designs and information received and identify improvements for cost/time reductions/design
- develop and manage effective relationships with appointed consultants, ensuring work is delivered to agreed deadlines
- ensure adherence to Building Regulations / NHBC and any other relevant professional body we normally interface with during the project's development
- identify and resolve design and building problems
- liaise with consultants and provide information pursuant to discharge of planning conditions
- agree build sequence and obtain service information and quotations, including all temporary building supplies and disconnections required for the project in good time to ensure construction build programme is delivered, including requesting and placing orders.
Who we are looking for
- proven experience in a similar level technical role ideally in a residential house builder or from a consultancy background
- excellent knowledge and experience in understanding current Building Regulations, NHBC requirements and challenging implementation of guidance when necessary
- enjoys problem-solving skills
- good communicator
- organised and thrives on working to tight deadlines.