What you will be doing
Based in our Leatherhead office, as a Technical Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all technical information is produced, checked and distributed to programme, the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programmes to be met.
Other deliverables of the role include but are not restricted too:
- Co-ordinating and reviewing drawings to ensure proposals/details are practical and commercially appropriate, with a view to continued value engineering of designs and information received and identify improvements for cost/time reductions/design.
- develop and manage effective relationships with appointed consultants, ensuring work is delivered to agreed deadlines.
- ensure adherence to Building Regulations / NHBC and any other relevant professional body we normally interface with during the project's development.
- Identify and resolve design and building problems.
- Liaise with consultants and provide information pursuant to discharge of planning conditions.
- Agree build sequence and obtain service information and quotations, including all temporary building supplies and disconnections required for the project in good time to ensure construction build programme is delivered, including requesting and placing orders.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role; however, we would look to somebody from a consultancy background looking to switch to development and manage our appointment consultant practices. An eye for detail and passion for design is essential; someone who possess the ability to work as part of a team, but can also work independently when required, managing time is paramount and moving between projects is commonplace as is managing tight deadlines, with the desire to succeed within a well-established and reputable residential housebuilder.
Skills and experience
- proven experience in a similar level technical role
- effective problem-solving skills.
- co-ordination of different consultant disciplines through cross checking with consultant team
- Excellent knowledge and experience in understanding current Building Regulations, NHBC requirements and challenging implementation of guidance when necessary.
- effective communication skills both within the department and across the departments is essential, managing and minuting meetings.
- organised and thrives on working to tight deadlines.